Thread: Engine: 70: - V70 stalling
View Single Post
Old Jan 1st, 2022, 17:26   #19
TomW

I've still not acted on any of the advice received. But before I do can I just go through some more symptoms.....

LPG doesn't work so all these symptoms are happening while she's switched to run on petrol just like any other petrol V70.

She starts first time from cold or hot but take my foot off the accelerator while putting it into first and stalls. So have to keep my foot on accelerator while putting into first.

Start again putting into first and she hops but keeps going if enough revs.

Changing up the gears normally and she hops / misses, whether engine is warm or cold, on each gear change as the accelerator is pushed down again, and then once under power keeps going. Take my foot off pedal for two seconds to slow down and then back on aaccelererator she hops for a split second then keeps going.

Going up a long hill accelerating all the way in one gear she will keep going as good as any with no problem.

Putting it into neutral to freewheel down hill and she usually cuts out.

Coming out of a roundabout trying to accelerate gently she'll hop.

Arrive home and coming to a standstill again normally and she might tick over or stall before I've switched off ignition. If she ticks over without stalling then she will keep running. If she cuts out and I restart she will keep running.
The hopping I've described is violent hiccup and no way will my wife drive it!

Engine purrs like any V70.

Can anybody pinpoint anything else to look at first.
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote