View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 11:54   #2
Army
marches on his stomach

I agree that the look of a "heavily laden" vehicle can be more atrractive but unless during the lockdown(s) road repairs have improved considerably in the UK I'm amazed to hear that anyone would want to lower a vehicle they actually want to drive on UK roads.

The trend for years has been to buy SUVs or crossover SUVs to get away from the potholes! (I heard recently that Ford has even stopped making the Mondeo because the "market wants" to be high up)

{To be honest I'm surprised there are not more of those "big foot" kits being sold that they used to have in the late 1990s}

My personal impression of Volvo suspension of the Amazon and PV era is that it is quite refined and delicate for its age certainly when you compare it with what you'd find under a Mercedes (which admittedly are on the whole about half a ton heavier - I know - but still - Volvo stuff of this era ain't chunky)

Even here in the Netherlands where the roads are well maintained I wouldn't want to lower any of my vehicles because whilst there isn't a plague of potholes there certainly is a plague of those sodding speed humps...
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote