View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2023, 14:12   #13
britten_mark

Just to update this thread, I bought this car from Brian yesterday, he was super nice and just as easy to deal with as he sounds in his listing.

The easiest of the few faults will be getting rectified in the next couple of months, but I will be asking a bit of forum advice along the way as I have been a few years out of 850 ownership.

Have to say the car was a lovely drive 4 hours home, it was really straining at the leash to go but i had to temper this with a gentle 67mph on the cruise control so as not to risk the ancient cambelt! However the net result of this was over 30mpg, which is what I used to easily achieve in a 5 speed manual 850 T5 back in the day, but not bad for a 27 year old auto.

First fix was the faded almost white bumper tops. As I keep saying to people faffing about with heat guns and paint; GTechniq C4 Trim Restorer is the bollocks and lasts years.

The car was spotted almost instantly on the driveway by another old car fanatic who asked if it was "another ULEZ refugee" which I thought was a great description. I'm sure Sadiq and his like-minded anti-car anti-people anti-joy cronies will ensure the shole country is afflicted eventually but in the meantime can Londoners please keep sending these lovelies up north.

By the way this car used to be owned by a Volvo Owners Club director 1997 - 2003, if hes still around, reg A8 VOC or VOL? I'll have to check.

Last edited by britten_mark; Mar 6th, 2023 at 14:17.
britten_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to britten_mark For This Useful Post: