View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 17:26   #10
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
Hi,

I sort of see the points made, but the fact is my last four cars had auto wipe wipers and combined I drove those cars for 8 winters and something like 200K miles and never had a problem (I dont use car washes for a start) and on cold frosty mornings I dont recall any of them (VW, Honda, BMW and Audi) activating.

Dont really see the point of having auto wipers, that by default are off! Done 500 miles in the Volvo so far and each time the windscreen has started getting wet at that point I have thought to myself,, time to switch on the 'auto' wipers then,, so I might just not have an auto on button anyway and simply moved the wiper arm.

Only issue with the car so far, but annoying none the less
I agree with you Abarth.

I pointed out (in my opinion) that the rain sense wipers were not intuitive and was attached to a rocket and fired into space (so to speak for having this view!!)

Also if in the XC you find the wipers are not sensing rain well enough( all brands of car struggle here to be fair) and you place the wiper stalk into position 2 then the auto function in the XC is switched off!

On a previous car of mine the auto rain sense sytem was really good and simple.It didnt have an on/off switch nor was it always on or always off.Quite simply to activate the auto wipers you simply used the wiper stalk normally when it first started to rain and from then on it was auto.It was a natural thing to do..ie put wipers on when raining...then auto took over and never on inappropriately

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote