View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2002, 10:51   #4
dlucas

Default RE: 340 manual clutch noise and heater woes

Would be interested in your clutch results Crunchie.

I've just been to my friendly independent Volvo mechanic, sadly he tells me the heater unit resistor pack is a volvo only part at 40 odd quid - so it is that or a breakers yard to get a clapped out one. Postings elsewhere say bite the bullet!

At risk of it being obvious question are you sure the gap you have ducked taped up is not some sort of bypass for the fresh air vents on the centre of the dash/console above the heater control unit? They never put out heat, just outside temp air controlled by their on/off roller 'switch'. (I've not dismantled mine as much as you clearly have so have no first hand experience of what it is like in there).

On another matter I had a look this morning at my indicator stalk as it seemed a bit 'wobbly'. I thought tightening the switch locating screws would solve the problem - imagine my despair to find the plastic shroud around the column that all the switches attach to has broken where the indicator switch fixes on at the bottom! I have effected a temp repair with araldite but the surface area is not big enough at the break to get a decent glued join with enough strength. I can see this is going to be another expensive dealer part! Anyone got any views?