Thread: Amazon: - New (to me) 1963 Volvo 122
View Single Post
Old Mar 31st, 2024, 09:09   #1364
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I think you may have noticed from my recent posts in the 200 section that the flooring contractor (just about) came good in the end Andrew. It went right down to the wire: I drove over to 'Vegas with new barrels locks in my toolbox intending to change them on Sunday last week. The tradesman showed up on time, not a lot was said (apart from 'would you like a cuppa') and he cracked on with the job. Apart from one hiccup (he had miscalculated the quantities again so I ended up dashing up to Yorkshire to buy some more tiles on Monday afternoon) the job was finished on Tuesday morning.

In the end this worked out okay: the chap did a nice job and the house looks really good. The cost (even after me having to buy a couple of extra boxes of tiles) was still £900 less than my other quote. It was an irritation having to watch over the contractor to keep him focussed on the job, but unfortunately I have found that to be the case with many tradesmen here in the UK (that is why I have acquired so many skills myself).

All's well that end well .
A good result then!
Things like ‘Check a Trade ‘ , are no real help . There are some companies on that locally to me that I wouldn’t have if they were free!

Your ability to do things yourself is the best Trump card in such cases.🧐