View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2023, 23:12   #2
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I've been clearing my spares shed of 240 bits prior to moving to Zummrezette. This is a windscreen surround for an earlier model (before about 1986 I think). It comes complete with a set of the plastic fastening clips.

This is free for collection from Corby (NN18). If there are no takers by the end of June it will go on July's trip to the council recycling centre.

Alan
Hi Alan,

By the looks of the ads, it would appear as though you're having a clear out of all your accumulated 'could come in handy' spares.

I'd seriously think about taking them with you though, just in case a 240 project arises once down in Somerset.😀😀

However, I'd perhaps like to get provisional first dibs on the screen surround, as I'm pretty certain I've read somewhere on here that 240/140 screens are the same. As you know, I'm due to pick up a rather ropey 140 on Wednesday and if it turns out your surround would be a match, then I'll have it please.

I will try to match up photos to the actual car on Wednesday, and if looking a possible match, I could always wend my way back to Suffolk via Corby to collect??

I'd always thought 140's had old fashioned rubber/mastic sealer, and 240's had bonded, but I may very well be mistaken......😀

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: