View Single Post
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 13:59   #5
NMB
Volvo XC90 T6 & XC90 D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwair View Post
Volvo XC90 D5 - 2007 Horn continually on, limp mode, many faults...

Horn is on continually if the fuse is in place. I have had a look at the CEM in place and there doesn't seem to be any obvious signs of water damage. Looking at the wiring diagram there seems to be a relay/switch in the CEM that I guess is no longer staying open.

Water may well have got into the yawl sensor under the seat by the amp about 6-8 months ago. There are signs of corrosion on the amp and some of the wiring in that area.

I put it on an icarsoft scanner and came up with an alarming number of errors:
500F State: None Air Condition, Faulty signal
7700 State: None Engine control module (ECM)
18B0 State: None Swirl actuator control, Offset fault
1517 State: None Turbo control, Pressure too high
9140 State: None Throttle module, Faulty signal
9190 State: None Throttle module, Faulty signal
0A31 State: None Control module communication, Signal missing from Engine Control Module (ECM)
0A31 State: None Control module communication, Signal missing from Engine Control Module (ECM)
0040 State: None Air quality sensor, Internal fault
0004 State: None Siren, Communication fault
000E State: None Steering wheel angle sensor, Internal fault (this was a bit iffy before)
1F00 State: None ECM, software, Faulty signal

Where do I start?

Any help appreciated!
I would start checking your swirl flap arm is attached and moving as this is the likely cause for quite a few of these associated codes.

So:

1) Angle sensor needs replacing - £35 - breakers costs
2) You need a new alarm Siren - £50 - £200 - breakers cost to new.
3) Your aircon probably needs a recharge - £80

Re the other codes - I wouldn't touch any of them until I understood the root cause as they are likely linked to 1 faulty part.

Hope this helps.
NMB is offline   Reply With Quote