View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 16:16   #14
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleidboy View Post
Sorry to keep this thread going - on my 2010 XC70 D5 the headlamp washers have virtually stopped working - just a dribble. The headlight and tailgate washers are fine. I've tried prodding the bonnet jets with a pin, but this makes no difference. Is this blocked jets or slime in the pipes? Many thanks,
Detach the feed tubes at the outlet side of both non reverse valves, 24 in the diagram and then reverse blow from the nozzles - detach both valves no 24 from the supply tubes from the reservoir - forward blow the valves - detach the y piece and reverse blow the supply tubes to the reservoir. Flush the reservoir with plain water. Reattach the Y tube to the supply tubes to valves no 24 and the feed tubes to the nozzles - flush with plain water by operating the washers - I add methanol to the reservoir in addition to windscreen cleaner to prevent the slime - an egg cup full of rinse aid added to the reservoir will stop the squeaking of the blades on the screen.

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote