Thread: 1800: - P1800es Delores 1972 Blue
View Single Post
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 16:53   #54
Snow White

Default Reversing oil leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
This is a big clue! As you drive in to the point where you start to reverse, you come to a complete stop - blob #1.

You reverse leaving a trail to the pint where you come to a stop - blob #2.

It sounds as ifthere is a constant, relatively minor leak that is building up on a crossmember perhaps and as you stop, the momentun throws it off and onto the deck.

When you return home, do you always stop in the same place before reversing? If so, firstly there will be a collection of blob #1s and more importantly, if you stop and get out at that point,, you will be able to relate it to a point on the underside of the car where there is likely a leak.

Similar for blob #2 although i suspect it's in the same relative position, give or take a few inches (width of a crossmember) as blob #1 to the actual underside of the car.
Yes, it’s approximately the same place as I line up to reverse park in the garage . My drive is becoming an intersection piece of modern ‘art’ with the patterning!
Thank you yes, such a simple but useful suggestion to stop after engaging reverse and see if I can observe where it is coming from. SW
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow White For This Useful Post: