Thread: 1800: - 1972 pv1800es
View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2021, 14:15   #30
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers1712 View Post
Wow what an awesome thread, I have nothing to do with any of it and even I'm getting excited for all involved!

I think I need to get out a bit more!

Good luck and if the purchase is actually made the a decent length drive back is also a good indication of the cars condition from a mechanical prospective at least, I bought my Amazon back in December and drove it 3.5 hours home on a car that had been stood for about 2 years albeit being fired-up and moved once back in May last year, it was great!

Doug.
Thank you for that vote of confidence Doug. We did consider renting a car trailer and bringing the car back that way (it is about 80 miles), but like you I concluded it would be better to give the car a run out after 2 years in a garage.

This is all very exciting, I've made up a box of stuff we might need: some tools, a magnet on a stick, 2t jack and a block of wood, a towing bar, a torch... and planned a route back avoiding motorways (A50/A6 - easy). My friend (we'll call her Janet - not her name but she can decide whether or not to introduce herself to the forum later) has arranged the insurance and breakdown cover. Bob (my dog) is coming along for the day out as well.

I can't wait - and it is not even my motor car!

Alan