Thread: 1800: - 1972 pv1800es
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2021, 19:08   #25
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Thank you so much.

I understand the car has been registered as an historic vehicle for some years and so will not have needed a MoT test. I believe it is in good driving condition (such is the seller’s claim). This is the seller’s ad (in italics):

1972 Volvo 1800es 2ltr engine manual gearbox
This is a low mileage same number car.
I purchased the car 4yrs ago from its third owner who had kept the car for many years.
The car has undergone a bare metal body repair and repaint and looks amazing. Lots of new parts have also been fitted.
Since having all the repairs, the car had sat in my garage. Unused and no time to use it.
It runs and drives really well, the overdrive works without fault.
The interior is completely original and looks great, showing some wear but nothing that I would replace. The car retains that classic car interior smell which is a joy to sit in.
Any inspection is welcomed and recommended

... so that is what I’ll be checking for my friend (the buyer). I have not spoken with the seller myself, but my friend has, and she seems confident of the ad’s veracity.

Fingers crossed!
I am also the owner of a Volvo 1800ES and recall seeing this blue one from Stoke on Trent area for sale several times on Ebay in recent times, presumably it never reached a sensible price until now?

Whilst I have no knowledge or ever seen this Volvo I did, I think, once meet the owner/seller a few years ago on the Volvo Owners Club stand at the NEC Classic Car Show when displaying my own ES there (see photo). I had quite a long conversation with him about how he found the car locked away in storage for many years, bought it and carried out the restoration. I recall him saying that a lot of welding and bodywork was done as well as mechanical work. I think the main topic of conversation was how to refit the long side windows from memory.

My recollection is that he'd spent a lot of time and money on the car, including many new parts from a Volvo dealer close to his home. Quite why he is now selling it I don't know, but it does seem to be a good buy on the face of his adverts. He certainly seemed a genuine chap so I hope the purchase goes smoothly for your friend and that you enjoy driving the car home.

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44781513_269404897113047_675096296462928262_n (2).jpg (88.9 KB, 16 views)
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post: