View Single Post
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 18:46   #12
jonnyf90
Grumpy git born too late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I have a routine on both my beasts, only one of which has hydraulic tappets where i drain the old oil, fit the new filter and sump plug then the first 0.5L of fresh oil that goes in is ATF followed by the balance in 10W40 semi synthetic.

It helps free sticking piston rings as well and keeps the engine clean internally as well as keeping rubber seals in good order and reviving borderline ones. The emissions came down year on year in all the cars i've done this with, power and economy were improved, engines smoother and quieter and so on and in my Rover which is known for ticky tappets shortly after start up, the engine is quiet unless it's near the time it needs an oil change, at which point it starts to give ticky tappets for a short period during warm up.

It works well for me, the 760 is 6L and my other is 4.5L so that's 10.5L total. I need 4L of 10W40 for my other one which leaves me a spare litre and by the time i've used a litre of ATF split equally between the two, i end up with 0.5L of 10W40 for topping up etc.
ATF added today and after a short run, is marginally better.
I’ll take it for a decent run tomorrow and report back!

Cheers

2021 Škoda Octavia Estate L iV PHEV (Company)
jonnyf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonnyf90 For This Useful Post: