View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 14:07   #203
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two340'sman View Post
I suppose there is more chance of bore wear if mixture is rich for a long time. Never owned a car with injection, had a couple of company cars that had it (I think) The Capri 2.0 Laser and a very late Cortina 2.0 GL
Those two Fords both used the Weber 32/36 DGAV carb, the only Capri with fuel injection was the Capri 2.8i using K-Jetronic injection. Even the Sierra (launched in 1982) took a while to gain fuel injection, if memory serves the first was the 2.0 GLSi and 2.0 Ghia i in about 1989/90 with the obvious exception of the XR4i that used the Capri 2.8i drivetrain.

I'm not including the Sierra RS Cosworth, that had EFi but wasn't really a mainstream model for most people.

I seem to recall seeing a messagea few months back when Bionic Beaver did an update that support would end in a couple of years. However i first started using LInux on the previous incarnation so i've already updated once to Bionic Beaver from whatever it was before - think it was the Yakkety Yak version but can't be sure.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: