View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 12:58   #36
CosmicBike

Well more painting, which means more fettle time. Couple of bits arrived from ClassicSwede yesterday, nothing too exciting, dizzy cap, rotor, inlet manifold gasket and an O2 sensor as home work suggests it may be 'lazy'.

After removing the plastic guard I jacked the front end up on the crossmember and axle stands under the jacking points. Left the jack in too, you never know....

Old sensor was hot following a 20 mile run, and came out with a little encouragement from a mallet. New one had a different part number and the cable was 6 inches shorter, but nothing that created a problem. Old sensor was very coked up.

Since the car was already warm I have no idea if it has gone any way to resolve the problem with cold running. I also swapped out the dizzy cap and rotor as routine, new leads will go on tomorrow. Car runs OK with new O2 sensor in, I'll check specs on Bosch site later as they are both from them.

Lets see what the morning brings, I'm off to the driveway to jet 26 years of oil and general muck off the underside of the block before re-fitting the plastic guard.
CosmicBike is offline   Reply With Quote