View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 00:53   #14
Sien

Thank you for the update fluffer.

I took out my carpets and seats today, the left foot well had puddles of water from front to back, I suspect it was coming down somewhere beside the rear passenger seat and then down into the foot well (there is a clear passage for it to travel on either side of the car from the back), there was some slight wetness on the driver side but I am attributing this mostly to moisture making its way over (though I could be wrong). The black acoustic felt under the back seat was also soaked completely through on the passenger side and had to be dumped.

Squished as much water out of the foam by standing on it (there was a lot), and pressed with heavy towels. Currently in front of a rad with a dehumidifier running and already caught a decent bit of water.

Tomorrow I will put foam around all the windows and check the seals with a compressor. It's possible the water has been coming through the top of the windscreen and traveling back along the headliner then rolling down the sides of the car.

I read on one of these forums that someone also had a leaky pipe connection going to the rear windscreen washer, found beneath the C pillar (which in my mind would be back left) so that's also something to check. I would like to pull out the spare tire wheel well as well to check around that compartment more extensively.

Have checked AC drain hose beside the clutch, that was fine, as was the drainage plug under the windscreen wiper motor.

Ordered the gaskets for the lights too cause at this point, might as well!

Apparently a common issue on all P1 chassis Volvo s back when Ford owned them for a while, and so the same problems appear in Fords of that era.

Last edited by Sien; Feb 10th, 2023 at 00:58.
Sien is offline   Reply With Quote