View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 17:32   #13
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
Well, it is actually an increase in electric power but like you say, there is a similar loss in petrol power that evens out the overall power output. However, as the electric motor is utilised alot for pulling away and lots of normal driving, the car WILL feel much more responsive and spirited with the electric power increase.
Volvo's decision to remove the Supercharger from the ICE powertrain is rather a negative from my side (one of the main reasons for the reduction in ICE output) as I liked the character the supercharger gave the car but in an effort to increase economy and reduce emissions, I assume it had to go at some stage.
That and the lack of steering wheel paddle shifters are quite big negatives in my book so I will have to consider if the new XC60 is actually the right move or not.
Griffin447, I do note quite a bit of negativity in your replies towards a car & manufacturer you have likely paid alot of money for, is it that much of a disappointment?
Definite disappointment unfortunately. Whilst I’m happy with the car what was advertised vs what was received are two very different things. The other frustration is spending circa £54k on a car for them to release an update to the drivetrain not even 5 months after already releasing a facelift. I’ve come from German manufacturers such as BMW and Audi and both of those vehicles have been more accurate in their estimated figures and don’t release a change to a model so soon after releasing a facelift. I can’t see me buying another one after this!
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griffin447 For This Useful Post: