View Single Post
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 06:35   #46
Othen
Premier Member

I have just had a thought: I wonder whether Rikvdub drops in to this forum to have a look as a guest from time to time? I doesn't matter of course, he would be welcome to read the comments, and might even take some of the advice.

He has an odd sales strategy at the moment: marketing the motor car at a fixed price on C&C whilst simultaneously conducting a no-reserve auction starting at £3,500 on eBay. I can't help thinking that says 'I'm just sticking my finger in the wind at £5,500, but I'll take £3,500'. Surely if someone was looking for an overpriced 30 year old cooking 240 with a few problems on C&C they would check out eBay at the same time (that is what I would do)?

I think we may see this one being advertised (certainly on C&C as he has already paid for the ad, maybe on eBay from time to time) for a while. I notice the motor car has been advertised on C&C since 16 November, so 6 weeks already, but the eBay ad is much more recent - perhaps Rikvdub is learning about the true value of 30 year old vehicles.

If Rikvdub is listening it would be nice to hear from him (cordially though).

Alan

Last edited by Othen; Dec 29th, 2021 at 08:16. Reason: Spelling error.
Othen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: