View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2021, 20:44   #5
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikvdub View Post
Hello,

Thank you for your comments! However, I do have the headlight wipers they was removed to fit the new headlights and I never got round to putting them back on. Secondly, the paint is original and so yes it does need a good polish now and then and it does come up great! As you can see from the pictures the rear seats are down and it was storing a set of seats for my other car. They have now been taken out the car and I am going to upload some new pics as these was just taken to show the car that was advertised! Thirdly, the wheels I had painted black as they are easier to keep clean plus IMO I think they suit the car better!! Fourthly, When I have the time I will give the car a full valet and polish inside and out showing just how clean and straight this car is! And lastly, from the wrecks Ive seen for sale over the last 6 months which were priced between 3-6k that had double the millage, 6+ owners and riddled in rust this I’m comparison is far from! The price is negotiable like everything! And being that I’ve owned it for the last 17 years I’m certainly in no rush to let it go!! Not only that but for those who seem to be worried about how the sale is going, I’ve been approached by a chap in the US who is very interested! He’s actually had shipping companies contact me to see how flexible I am to arrange a time if collected. And one more thing I’d like to point out is…. it was insured on classic car insurance with an agreed value of £11000. So for those who want to make any remarks or comments I suggest you keep them to yourself as the bottom line is you don’t have a 240 in this condition and never will have because you probably can’t afford one!
GOOD DAY!
Sorry if my comments (based on the evidence YOU provided) were too close to home and i still have my doubts about the paintowrk, especially as one photo suggests you hadn't long finished washing it.

However you can't describe a car as "Stunning" when it clearly isn't.

Good luck with the US connection, i suspect you will need it! Why would someone want to spend thousands of bucks importing a car several thousand miles and then having it converted to LHD when all they need to do is go to California, or a similar state with deserts and pick one up in as good condition, if not better for less money? Seriously, ask yourself that!

Lastly, i'm not going to get into a willy-waving competition about agreed values, simply point out you've posted on a Volvo forum where almost all of us own Volvos of one form or another. I wouldn't want another 240, not my cup of tea to be honest.

I'm glad you're in no hurry to sell it, the price will put most people off to start with and your attitude will put the rest off.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: