View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2021, 09:24   #3
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Firstly, welcome aboard!

Secondly, my knowledge of the 240 isn't that great but there are a few things that someone considering spending £9k on a car will pick up on.

First, the wheels are the wrong colour! Second, headlight wipers missing, third the paint is faded on at least the drivers door and fourth, if you had vacuumed it out to present the carpets/mats as clean, it would give a better impression.

You may think i'm being picky here and to an extent i am but if the car was up for £895, i probably wouldn't have mentioned anything. At £8995, people want a perfect car in every way and will be a lot more picky to find the right one.

Better to hear it in what i hope was a constructive way from someone like me that wants to wish you well for the sale than a potential buyer looking for points they can use to negotaite the price down. You may get your £9k but you will have to wait and i'd strongly suggest addressing those points i made at least, alternatively perhaps consider a lower (more realistic) price.

Whichever path you choose, good luck with it!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: