Thread: D5 (D5244T to 2005) - VNT & TCV test in VIDA - ECM 6805 (again!)
View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2022, 20:12   #1
Newbie Tony

Default VNT & TCV test in VIDA - ECM 6805 (again!)

Hi again guys!

You've maybe seen my recent post resulting in a successful replacement of my servo unit following fault code ECM 6805. All was well for a few days but driving along with the window open a couple of days ago I heard what sounded like a hose or connection blowing off and the "engine service required"/ ECM 6805 re-appeared driving to the shops.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=132443

I've been working my way through this thread above which is really useful though sadly the pics are no longer available. Is it possible to get them again? Just for info, the output from the vac pump is good, as are the hoses between vac pump, turbo control valve and the engine pads. I bought a new TCV recently as the response from the TCV output was sluggish on the vacuum tester gauge and I suspected this was faulty. The new one is behaving just the same though. I'd like to test the VNT governor using VIDA but cant find where the test process is. Can anyone help please? I have a 2003 XC90 D5 by the way. Also I've had a really good look but I cannot see the vacuum actuator on the turbo, so any help with location would be much appreciated!
Cheers Tony
Newbie Tony is offline   Reply With Quote