Thread: Uploading pics
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2022, 07:53   #2
Steve 940
Premier Member

Hi Shaun,

Will try to assist, as I'm also a bit of a numpty on the computer side of things, one of the reasons for me moving to an older Volvo😀. I do this mainly on an iPhone or iPad so PC steps might be slightly different, but hopefully you will get the gist.

When you're typing a message or post, right at the top of the darker grey Message box is what looks like a 'black paper clip' roughly mid way on the top row of edit options.

Once you click that the page should go to one headed 'Manage Attachments', click to grey box 'Choose File', this then asks where the photo is, on iPad you get 3 options, take a photo, photo library, or iCloud Drive.

You then select the one where your desired photo is held, think you can do 5 at once, and bottom section I think outlines types of files and sizes that are acceptable. Once all photos are selected, click upload button , and it should then appear as a line headed Current Attachments just below, go to bottom of screen and click Close This Window, and you should be then back on your message, once message posted the photos should appear as if by magic.

Hope that helps.

Oh, I had major issues doing this to start with, as it just said photo file sizes were too big, don't know how to change, but I found photos added on forum using my 10 yaer old iPad worked, but if i tried to do straight from iPhone, the files were too big. I suppose my newer phone stores photos with more detail. My workaround is either send photo from phone to myself on email, then save on iPad. Or do the same, but open my emails on my windows laptop, for some reason when adding photos on laptop, it asks what file size I want the attachment to be???

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve 940; May 9th, 2022 at 08:02.
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: