View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2022, 14:24   #88
FloydV70
2008 V70 SE Sport D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydV70 View Post
Hi All,

I reached out to Volvo customer care via email.

They have acknowledged the windscreen bonding issue and have asked me to take it to a service dealer on the Volvo approved network to make sure my leak is because of the bonding issue and that I still have the original Volvo windscreen. If the windscreen is broken during removal, the I am liable for the cost of a new windscreen.

My car is booked in tomorrow. I will update you on progress.

V70 2.4D SE Sport D Electric Silver - Black Leather
Hi All,

My Volvo went in to the dealers today (Harwoods in Crawley). They informed me of the process of re-bonding. Again, they made it very clear that I am responsible for the cost if the windscreen was to break.

They had the car for a few hours and did the seat belt recall at the same time. The windscreen came out fine and was re-bonded successfully.

The car was given a full complimentary clean too. I'm really happy.

Considering the car was made in 2007 (P3) I think this is great.

I will say, when I called Volvo customer care, initially they refused to cover the cost of re-bonding due to the age of the car. When I emailed them and stated that a quick internet search shows that many people have had this problem, they acknowledged the fault an offered the re-bonding.

Thanks,

Last edited by FloydV70; May 13th, 2022 at 14:30.
FloydV70 is offline   Reply With Quote