View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 20:06   #1
russwinchester

Default 760 V6…first drive - oil in coolant and no charging 😭

So for those who have followed my story of 760 woe here is the next chapter! Now I have a running B280E V6 after issues at every turn, that now sounds rather good (after a fair amount of plugging exhaust holes!) So now I have a runner, I’ve done an oil and concentrated EG coolant change as per advice, and also a brake fluid flush…(which has resulted in me having to change blocked flexi hoses that were rusted solid; yet another nightmare job).

I’d just started to get excited about it again after hating the sight of it!

Before I did the oil and coolant change, the car was running fine, no oil in coolant. Now I’ve changed the fluids (after reverse flushing the system) I’m getting oil in the expansion tank. No coolant loss, no white exhaust smoke. I’ve driven it around local private roads prior to MOT and it drives well. Does anyone have any ideas or is it most likely that I’m looking at a head gasket?

The car also isn’t charging, no more than 12v across the battery. Is this most likely a duff alternator or do these cars have any other quirks that I don’t know about? Looks like a tricky job too, the belt runs on the v6 look…er…challenging 😭

Once again advice welcome before I decide what to do with it! 👍
russwinchester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to russwinchester For This Useful Post: