View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 20:31   #4
Wedge0107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
Thanks Quacker, always good to hear from you! What you wrote makes sense.. You just confirmed my worries though Even though I won”t be towing - I tend to drive a bit aggressively - I am quite curious how will the overcomplicated DCT hold up to my foot.. Granted I intend on keeping a new car no longer than my current one - 4-5 yrs max. By that time cars as we know them may be extinct

Checked with the dealer again today - they seem to have another model/drivetrain with DCT available for a test drive - I’ll have to satisfy my curiosity sometime next week before I part with €€..

Still eager to hear other forumers’ thoughts 👍
Prior to my Volvo I had a Mk3 Audi TT with a DSG gearbox. Very rapid gear changes as mentioned, but not super smooth though in day to day traffic. Horses for courses I guess. I much prefer the smoothness of the torque converter gearbox for the type of car I'm now driving and wouldn't change it for a DCT box in the V90 if one was available. I did recall the DSG required a relatively expensive gearbox oil change every 40k miles.
V90 MY20 D4 Osmium Grey Momentum Plus with Xenium Pack | Winter Pack | Heated Windscreen | BLIS | Tinted Windows | Keyless Entry | 4-Zone Climate | Hands Free Tailgate | Mud Flaps | Tempa Spare | Wireless Apple CarPlay
Wedge0107 is offline   Reply With Quote