View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2024, 16:40   #12
ovlov007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
keep us updated with your progress..
YES! YES! YES! Done it, and I am so very very happy and more than a bit relieved. Thanks everybody for the support. You might not think it's much but a little goes a long way.

Inspired by the idea of a bit of rubber tube to centre my drill on the stuck stud, I ventured to find some rubber tube.....I didn't, could not find any, anywhere! So I started to create something else, which I'll get back to, but it didn't work either, so in desperation I found a nice juicy six inch nail, to make a centre punch, sharpened it like a pencil, heated it to cherry red and quenched in water. Two angry blows later with a decent 4lb club hammer, I had a little dent, bang in the middle of the stuck, stud bolt.

A bit of very gentle drilling, inside the cone that the nail had made, just to get the 'bite' and hooray, I screamed the street down, and danced a little. Drilled about 12mm deep in total although I don't think I needed to in hindsight. 8mm would probably been enough. I the used a 3mm extractor tool, it came straight away.

This headache is over. Dear God I am happy, thanks again for the help along the way.

Kind regards,
ovlov007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ovlov007 For This Useful Post: