View Single Post
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 12:54   #27
Millie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
For the most part in this case, yes we are referring to the control arm bushes. The suspension design on the V70 is different to the 7/9xx design because the V70 is FWD so other factors come into play as well. Does your tugging feeling alter if you add a bit more power or take some away? Also do you know if you're wheel alignment is spot on? Any FWD car is more sensitive to slight misalignments when cornering than a RWD car.

As for part numbers, i think you'd honestly be better off asking in the relevant section of the V70 forum as you're more likely to get the correct answer. I had a brief look at one source of information i use and it appears there's more than one type of lower control arm fitted to yours - i could be misinterpretating what i'm seeing though.

Best bet would be to phone your local Volvo dealer and if they're not helpful, try one of the others recommended on here like Trust in London (formerly Braydons), FRF in Swansea or another recommended dealer local to you.

Even if you don't order the parts from them, they should be able to confirm the part number for you so you can hunt for various aftermarket options.

https://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/

That place is also quite good, have a browse through the site and see what you can find!
Thanks so much Dave, appreciate you taking the time. I only realised I was in the wrong forum after posting.

I haven't tried playing with the power when I experience the tug. Never one to turn away an excuse to go for a drive, I'll try it this afternoon. Fortunately, the car came with a full history. The alignment was done last year, so I suppose there's no guarantee it's still spot on.

Thanks for the pointers on suppliers. I'm in s.e London so will try trust as a first port of call alongside posting in the right section.

Thanks again.

Also Dave.
Millie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Millie20 For This Useful Post: