View Single Post
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 13:23   #6
ASt85
Premier Member

Default Check the bulb(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesStevenson View Post
I'll buy a new pair of "old school" bulbs tomorrow from my local spares shop & see whether I can clear the warning message.
Even though an old bulb might be thought to be "good" it is always as well to check it before installing - those left in glove box emergency kits often get damaged by vibration yet appear OK unless you test them either by measuring their resistance or connecting them across a suitable battery.

Don't forget that side marker lamps/lights also include the 5W bulbs which sit inside the head lamp on many models - they often get missed as they are difficult to see if the dipped beams are set as Daylight Running Lamps.

In the same way, if the one or both 5W rear side markers in each rear cluster are faulty then, as those above, they will produce the message; they look normal if both outer or both inner markers in S60's/V70s/XC70s & etc are blown or indeed if both of the single bulbs in each S80 rear cluster have blown.
In the Left//Right Rear cluster the lamps are
P21/4W
P21W,
PY21W
R5W....(Side Marker )

Fitting Position:
Rear - Left//Right
Light Function:
with indicator, with stop light, with rear fog light, with reverse light, with reflector, with taillight, with side marker light
Supplementary Article/Supplementary Info:
without lamp base
Construction year to:
12/2003
Lamp Type:
P21/4W, P21W, PY21W, R5W
Light Design:
Bulb Technology
Inspection Tag:
E1 1716, ECE
Number of light functions: 7
(Origin = https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/hella/951605 ))

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Apr 11th, 2021 at 15:34. Reason: Update lamp info
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post: