Thread: 1800: - 1972 pv1800es
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2021, 15:18   #84
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Thank you for that Dave,
At this stage I'm just trying to get the system working the way it was designed - not the way the PO bodged it with generic connectors.
In the longer term I suspect 'Janet' will want to fit LED bulbs to improve the lighting.
:-)
You're welcome Alan, i thought she might, hence adding the links for the conversion bulbs designed to fit as well as the converter rings to allow H4 bulbs to fit. Being pre-1986 there's no MoT problems with LED bulbs although those linked to will give a perfect beam pattern.

Fitting the replacement headlamp sockets should be fairly easy, as long as the full beam tell-tale works and full beam works at the same time then dipped beam should also work.

There are other headlamp options available for the 7" round headlamps but i would suggest the simplest choices rather than going for a full on crystal lens with faceted reflectors as they would just look wrong.

For the time being i'd definitely agree with getting everything working to a basic standard and from there decide what needs upgrading/enhancing.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: