View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 19:44   #28
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Direct quote from the ebay listing :

"After I did all components of the front brakes the ABS warning light is on. I haven't fault finded the cause but there must be a sensor. There is no electrical component to the ABS apart from the light, it is entirely mechanical and works perfectly as tested in last winters heavy snow and by my MOT tester last year."

Wholly incorrect as the ABS system is the Bosch ABS-2E system which is electronic and has self-diagnostic facilities built in which can be accessed by the "not quite OBD" readers available.
Could be a cheap/easy fix because he disturbed some dirt/rust while doing the brakes that has effected the front wheel sensors or it could be more serious. Also from the pics, the back end is saggy so will need something (probably expensive) on the rear suspension.

I think it's overpriced at the moment, the lack of MoT history is worrying (because you can't look it up due to no reg number) and the fact he misquotes the mileage.
Hi Dave

He did supply the OP with the reg. it's M269 YCE.

You are correct in the fact that he is talking complete bo**oks about the ABS as well. That would worry me as he either knows nothing about them or is a chancer !!
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post: