View Single Post
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 21:24   #20
Tramp

Well today has been a mixed day, I took my family to visit my parents (only a few miles but any excuse to get out). When packing everyone in for the return journey I noticed paint on the front passenger side wheel arch, it looks like some one has scraped past it, was it me squeezing into my garage? I don't know but whatever I'm annoyed. So off we set and suddenly my son was feeling ill in the back seat, before we could arrive home we had a full on vomit situation, (this is the second time he's been out on my new volvo!) luckily most was contained in a plastic bag but there was a little 'dispersal' so when we arrived home he was bundled upstairs by the mrs and I got the bucket out, I cleaned the seats with some anti bacterial stuff so hopefully I'll be ok, whilst the bucket was out I gave it a once over

I was looking at the wheel arch, then I remembered seeing some touch up paint in the boot when I first bought the car,

Authentic touch up paint, brilliant! Whilst in the boot I also found some 'lead replacement additive' I was under the impression that my 84' 244 dl with it's 2.1 liter petrol engine wouldn't require lead substitute? I've done around 100 miles in it since I bought the car and haven't put any additive in yet do I need to? How do I find out if the car requires lead substitute additive? It's quite clear that the previous owner had been using it, on this page http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/200reg.shtml and it said-

With the price of petrol constantly increasing the only alternative for those still using 4-star is to change to unleaded. For some cars the conversion is simple; for others it is costly and if your annual mileage is not high then it may not be financially viable. For some there is no conversion available. My 1981 2.1 litre injection engine was designed to run on the old 2-star (all the 2.1 engines were) so no conversion is necessary

This to me reads that additive isn't required?

Last edited by Tramp; Aug 4th, 2014 at 21:27.
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote