Thread: General: - Tools
View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 14:54   #19
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Hi Kiloran,

Regarding axle stands, I received last week a set of SGS Engineering 6 ton stands, (3 ton per stand) and low profile trolley jack, used for the first time today to change my rear springs that I had put saloon springs on in a senior moment when ordering over t'internet.

Had a very good safety mechanism of U shaped pin, so it located in two of the holes in the sliding portion of the stands. Good area of flat metal on each foot also to spread the loading.

Can't obviously moment on lomg term, but for £145 or so for the set, it was good value. Trolley jack is about 3 times as wide as wide as I was expecting, and about 10 times heavier, perhaps SGS is the new Volvo of tools.

Not linked in any way to SGS, delivery not quite so good, delivered the jack, and left stands on the van, I think perhaps with the jack weight he'd had enough.

Cheers
Steve
try one of there mechanic's seats,, the round one with the square base
it rolls, it works, it has padding that Doesnt go flat in 2.3seconds, and built Well,
the other items ,3ton axel stands and chocks i have from them "happy with those" as well
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post: