View Single Post
Old Apr 7th, 2023, 12:08   #8
DMJ

Exclamation XC40 Tailgate randomly closing

Thanks to PoshCat for the post below.

We also bought at XC40 PHEV late last year. Really like the car, but, the tailgate randomly decides to close when you are close to the boot area. We like walking and the boot is a great place to sit when putting on your boots, but not if you're going to get eaten up. Also our grandchildren like to sit on the boot, it's also a great place to change babies nappies - but not if it's going to come down.

Have contacted Volvo Customer Care who say that the sensor cannot be disabled and that I should contact a dealer if the problem continues. It occurs to me that this is an accident waiting to happen and Volvo don't seem to want to address it.

Anyone managed to solve this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoshCat View Post
Good afternoon,

My wife got an XC40 PHEV before Christmas. We both love the car, but have some questions.

1. How do you stop the rear tailgate randomly coming down on you on odd occasions?

2. Is there a way to change the cruise control by 1 mph as at the moment I can only get it moving in 5 mph increments. You can get it to a speed and press the button to stay at that speed but any movement up or down is 5 mph.

3. Some podcasts and albums have the image on the screen, most do not. Is there anything to get all album artwork to show please?

I appreciate any pointers you have.

Cheers
DMJ is offline   Reply With Quote