View Single Post
Old Mar 13th, 2019, 19:33   #2045
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig S View Post
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the negotiating power of the dealer with Volvo. It is whether the dealer can be bothered to actually do any of the paperwork.

Lloyd Volvo in Carlisle are a case in point - they simply couldn't be bothered to do the leg work with Volvo UK, and it took me raising a complaint with Volvo Customer services for them to get in touch with Volvo Carlisle for some facts.....

Volvo Carlisle then told Volvo UK that my car had not been serviced properly which was why they refused to do anything - despite the fact that they never saw the service history of my car. It took me providing details of the service history (one of which was done outside the dealer network) for essentially Volvo Customer Services to tell Lloyd Volvo Carlisle to put in a claim with the Warranty department at Volvo UK.

So after a month of me doing a lot of pushing and arguing I got the full cost of the replacement of the EGR Cooler repaid.
Well done for outing Carlisle Volvo with their lazy attitude towards a Volvo customer. An attitude such as theirs reflects badly on the Volvo brand. Good reputations are hard won and easily lost and I sincerely hope Volvo will deal with this dealership accordingly. Volvo has salvaged their reputation on this occasion siding with one of their aggrieved customers. The Carlisle Volvo Dealership have come out of this very badly and should be avoided.
Great result well done.
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote