View Single Post
Old Jan 5th, 2022, 10:44   #8
cockneydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
This looked a very nice car in KGF's ad. in 2016; I thought that the period accessories fitted both suited it and also set it apart. The ad. having now been archived, there is no price stated, but it would presumably have been north of £5K at the time?

If it has been maintained in the condition 'as sold' and only travelled 200 miles since, there is presumably very little to do on it and it will, I am sure, quickly and easily find a new home.

Alternatively, as 'omc 47' suggested, why not keep it and enjoy it over the summer - perhaps even take it to this year's 'National'?

Regards, John.
All the period bits are still there, and it is still a very solid old car. Being sold by a dealer though, I am sure it had a few smart repairs during detailing.

That said, for a car fast approaching its 49th birthday, May 73 registered, so probably built well before, beyond the period additions, it is an extremely original car in very good general condition.

some splitting to drivers seat addressed, along with some paint issues would be my guess.
Also a full stainless exhaust system seems to be a recent addition, bet that was not cheap, it has also had new sun roof cables since.

They were expensive apparently, and the owner removed the handle so they did not get worn out again, which will make things interesting lol,

Would be a nice thing to runaround for summer, but have just built a 1500gt 105e for that reason, got a P6 series 1 V8 that needs some miles put on it after a long lay up. A 2.8i Capri that needs attention and the 7k mile 1 owner Fiat 127 should be ready for show season.

Having found the right homes for a 164 and a 123 GT in recent years, this one needs an enthusiast to take it on and back to a show car, which according to the history it was before.

Hopefully will get the all clear in a day or two, then will see if the old girl will run, get the MOT man to give it a once over, prefer a second opinion, give it a good clean and will put up a genuine honest description and take loads of pictures.

Maybe a new lover will take it to the Summer Nationals?
cockneydave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cockneydave For This Useful Post: