View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 16:26   #4
met24

Kentgoals, did you ever get the radio icons to appear?

I took my V90 for a long run yesterday down to the New Forest ... when I parked up it wasn't showing any icons on the D1 National ensemble (Classic FM, which is what the car spends 95% of its time on, Magic and the like) but by the time I'd got back to MK I had icons for the majority of the stations on there. It's only got icons for that ensemble and the BBC national one, none of the others.

Warning: DAB and radio geekery follows!

When I went down to Winchester a few months back they didn't get picked up, so I wonder whether they're coming from the IoW transmitter, which I must have been in range of yesterday, but not the repeaters. The geek in me can't quite justify buying the kit to receive and decode DAB transmissions! (And it's a single frequency network so it would be difficult to tell which transmitter's signal you were receiving.)

http://www.wohnort.org/DAB/ukloc.html suggests that all of the ensembles with station logos are in the south of the country, so unless you bring the car darn sarf you might only ever get the BBC logos, which I am guessing (given how quickly my car's always picked them up after a factory reset) are transmitted on the BBC national ensemble.