View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2022, 14:14   #5
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM83 View Post
Thanks, appreciate your thoughts. Part of my issue is the look of the Volvo ones (aside from cost). I have a Saville grey R Design, which no chrome or metal trim on show, so was hoping to get some dark grey / black steps to avoid the metallic finish of the OEM ones.

Direct4x4 have been really helpful, and have a great looking black pair, but apparently their bracket design doesnt fit the R-Design sill and were quite adamant the sill was about an inch lower than the Inscription which is where the problem lies.

Ive looked at the install guide for the Volvo side steps and much like fitting a towbar, it looks like theres a number of bits of trim that get removed (and Im guessing binned) so that removing the steps in the future for whatever reason would be tricky.
I know that on the mK 1 XC90’s the R-Design sill was lower and so while Volvo said their own steps would not fit, they could be made to fit with longer fixing bolts and a pacer to clear the lower sills. I was not aware the sill on the mk2 XC90 was lower tbh but could the 3rd part steps also be made to fit with, for example longer fixing bolts?
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote