View Single Post
Old Apr 14th, 2022, 18:00   #12
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

The 240 series going at 6.5k is absolutely not unheard off, and if you want the best then you will need to pay for it (as you seem willing to do).

However be under no illusions, for a standard line that is strong money and it is no where need a top presenting car.

If you came on here to say you had bought that car at £3,250 and detailed those areas of concern that would be considered a ‘good’ price. It would probably not be a ‘excellebt’ price however.

At £6,250 you will if patient find one that has been restored 10 years ago or is low owner and miles.

Regarding the cost it is so hard. Rules of thumbs are £300-500 per panel for minor repairs.

That is not minor repairs. If it were me I would hope to pay £1,000 to get the body and bolster sorted, but in reality I would not be suprised to see it hit £1,000 - £2,500 if there is rot you can’t see, and in reality there may be.

No reflection on the car at all, or the selling etc etc but I think if you are willing to wait you will get something that has had the repairs done.

The car may be worth that to someone absolutely because if you are competent with a lig welder and own a compressor that’s probably a sub £300 repair to make it look very very presentable and back to good condition (it seems to stand well) but when you are paying body shop prices and expect a warrenty it suddenly becomes very costly.

This is one for someone into body work that can but a lovely machone, drive from day 1 and then repair cheaply and easily. It’s not one to buy then pay body shops to do….

All in my opinion, I could be wrong!

Last edited by XC90Mk1; Apr 14th, 2022 at 18:05.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: