Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2024, 23:11   #48
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
I can't believe I bought this Volvo in October 2020 and I haven't got it driving out on the road yet. It is still pretty much in the same condition it was at the beginning of the thread. I basically had forgotten about her and it's been in my mates workshop. I transported it back to mine 3 weeks ago and thought it about time to get the vinyl top put on. Only one problem there, no company wants to attempt it for less than £700. Only today, by chance chatting with a windscreen guy, I mentioned about the roof, in which he replied, 'I've experience in putting vinyl covering on' So roll on the next stage.
Are there any LHD power steering racks about? I think it might be a better alternative to get a second hand rack than have this one fitted with new seals. The fluid just pours out the ends when the car is running.

Cheers Peter
God news on the vinyl roof!

As for the steering rack, i think they're the same as the 240 models of the same age so you could probably find on on ebay , possibly UK but almost certainly Germany, France or similar. Also there's a Swedish site similar to ebay but i can't think of the name of it just now, i've had a few bargains from it on things that are NLA anywhere else on the planet.
However, would a RHD conversion be an idea or do you plan on using it for touring in Europe?

Could also be worth trying https://www.gcp.se/ for a repair kit or even a rack but it would be new prices from Volvo - could be collected from your local Vlvo dealer though, even ordered by them.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: