Thread: C30 Electrics : - C30 throttle body calibration?
View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 01:55   #4
MatejBinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye253 View Post
Hello. I have recently bought a 57 plate C30 1.8 petrol. On the test drive it drove spot on, and after buying the car (private sale so no warranty) it drove great on the way home. The next day it started stalling at low revs at lights etc. Thinking it was something to do with the fuel because it was stood for a wile. I checked and no problems with the fuel. After taking the car to the garage they said it was the throttle body. Taking the car home and cleaning the throttle body it was doing the same thing. Now after replacing the throttle body with a new one its doing the same and now showing reduced engine power on the display, with the engine light on. I plugged in a code reader it was saying throttle position stuck open. After asking the garage they said the throttle body/position might need calibrating. After looking online and not really finding anything on how to do this. I found one video saying start the engine and let it run for 15 minutes to let the car calibrate its self. Now the display is saying the throttle position stuck closed!. So please if anyone knows how to calibrate the throttle body/throttle position. Can you please run me through the process please. Thank you

Popeye, did you solve the problem with calibration? I am experiencing totally identical problems, stalling and bad throttle response with original ETB and codes of throttle actuator stuck open with the aftermarket ones.
MatejBinka is offline   Reply With Quote