View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2022, 10:00   #5
bigshorty48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeandkira View Post
When I began using synthetic oils in the family's turbos the recommendation (requirement, actually) was for an ACEA A3,B3 oil. Today's oils are improved and A3, B4 oils are out there. I'd use a 0W-40 (Mobil 1 et al.) or 0W-30 Castrol. The names differ on either side of the Atlantic but I think Magnetech might be one. The Mobil 1 is said to be "thinner" and the Castrol offering is said to be "thicker". I've used both and others over the many vehicles.

The 24mm drain plug gets loosened and the oil shoots out. Be ready for the stream's trajectory to reach out farther than you expect. I lay an old packing blanket beneath my engine as a first step.

Have an 18mm aluminum drain plug gasket ready as some get ripped up due to their thinness. Other gasket washers are reusable because they're thick.

When you've finished, report back and tell us how the underside of the oil fill cap looked. The high location causes accumulation of chunks and some look quite alarming. You can wash the cap in any strong cleaner. Again, the names of cleaners vary. Simple Green, Purple Power and Fast Orange will all work.
Some great info and useful advice, thank you very much.
bigshorty48 is offline   Reply With Quote