View Single Post
Old Jul 30th, 2021, 17:04   #3
Imaden123

There is a theme developing in my car world of cars getting to 16 plus years and sub frames that have a hard life. My BMW 3 series rear SF was suspect at last MOT. My S80 is suspect with front subframe at MOT. My mate have just had one fitted to a AUDI A7..£2k at a garage. SOOOO the bodies are galvanised painted under sealed and last for ever. The subframes are mild steel (on the S80) with a bit of chassis black ! I'm not sure the plastic under pan helps on the Volvo as its screwed close to sub frame trapping moisture. My S80 has done 268k so its probably seen a lot of moisture. I'm nt sure its a thing on Volvos but it is a thing on old cars. Might be worth a look at it but you need the wheel off and or the plastic under engine cover. If its not been mentioned at MOT it may not be an issue. I sort of believe in supply & demand on ebay. They wouldnt be on ebay is no one ever bought them.. There are a few for S80s and a lot for 3 series....but there will be a lot more 3 series in the world than s80s ??? good luck. I still thinks its the same as a Mondeo !!!
Imaden123 is offline   Reply With Quote