View Single Post
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 13:14   #45
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
At least the second time that one has been listed. First time round it sold for £1950 on 15/10 but the person(s) who converted it didn't do their research very well. The A340 gearbox as Toyota/Lexus call it is almost identical to the AW71 gearbox we all know so there would be no need to change the propshaft (just the extension housing and output shaft) or the selector lever. Also the engine would sit further forward using the original length prop and would make use of the Volvo gearbox mounting bracket.

Wherever the engine is mounted (forwards or backwards of the original redblock) the sump is likely to need modifying to fit but given it's ighter than the redblock having the gearbox a bit further forward is likely to help balance the weight distribution.

I wonder if the buyer got there and found it had all been bodged and walked away?
Fascinating. It will be really interesting to see what it goes for this time - I'd find it hard to imagine it would make 2 grand because the potential market is so small (perhaps a handful of folk around the country).

Personally I can't see the point of this type of modification - is it really going to make a better motor car than the Lexus the motor came out of?

Alan