View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2024, 19:10   #1
spudd
Master Member

Default XC90 Bent front subframe.

Sadly my parked xc90 was hit by a merc driver. My car didn't look too bad scrape on front bumper front wing and door. His car was wedged on my side step ,when he tried to reverse back his bumper was ripped off my side step was scuffed with his paint, his wishbone snapped, engine moved and fluid inc brake fluid bonnet hinges were pushed up at least 60 mm above wing's and scuttle. when he tried to drive side of road there was an almighty twang i assume coil spring and his subframe loose. this is when i noticed my wheel pointing out and o/s straight. i sent it to my local garage who found my subframe bent and the bolt's bent on that side and track rod end bent. I have sent pictures as his insurers requested. They took details of damage over the phone and said it's borderline write off and will let me know soon. They said if a write off i can have a pay out or a lower offer and car back. Apart from his damage the car was immaculate full documented service history. My question is would it be sensible to have it back and replace subframe or could it be a can of worm's. your advice would be appreciated.