View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 17:14   #1
Stu B
Master Member

Default V70 D5 - alternate battery box lid (for huge battery)?

Hi All,

As I have a spare 1 year old Yuasa YBX 5019 (100Ah) battery bought for another vehicle and no longer required, I thought I'd see if it'd fit my V70 D5 rather than the existing Yuasa 85Ah one shown here:

Two side by side:

I tend to always fit the largest battery that will squeeze into the tray... and this one does just about (also note cable tie repair on that little red lid that had snapped off the positive connector for a battery charger)

However, the front section of the battery box lid just fouls on the larger battery and won't quite close with perhaps a 1cm gap.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative part available to cope with a battery of these dimensions please? 345mm (L) x 170mm (W) x 190mm (H).

I'm aware the car can take a 190mm high battery, and indeed it would if this one were a few centimetres shorter in length, it's the height right at the front that fouls the lid.

I'd like to make use of this newer, higher capacity battery if possible then the smaller one can go on my classic car instead as it works fine anyway but the old car has none of the electronic complications the Volvo has.

Thanks
Stu