View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 11:42   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspdavish View Post
Hi all. 45k miles 6 year old T8 XC90 here. Bought 3rd hand. Running great for 6 months since I got it.

Went into it fully aware RE: ERAD failure likelihood. Came with a £4k warranty (including labour and parts).

Yesterday. Moved off up a hill. Slight judder. Bit weird. Since then I have had NO MORE juddering but I DO have a very odd grinding noise only on regenerative braking, more noticeable and low levels of braking. Harder braking that still doesn't involve the disc brakes removes the noise, and acceleration remains smooth and no judders. Volvo app says electricity still being regenerated on journeys.

It has actually quietened down significantly over the last few hours and is a very very faint whine now.

£125 to get it looked at by Volvo.

2 q's: recon its the ERAD and, if so, how much to replace? The pinned thread suggests in the region of £2k to £4k as I know different parts can need replacing, just wondering if anyone has more recent experience.

There is no manufacturer warranty, it is provided second hadn't by Sytner BMW (select). I have an email from the dealership in which they explicitly state it will be covered as I knew this might be a problem

Thanks in advance.
It may be brake related rather than ERAD, you might have had a stone or something trapped between the disc and backing plate and the noise has lessened as it has worn down, or pads may be worn down, it is the easiest thing to check and worth checking first before going to more expense.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post: