View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2021, 19:18   #14
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fika View Post
INTERNET FIGHT!

It'd be rare to be a victim of such scams though the internet would make you believe at every corner you turn some barbarian has an ambush crew ready to take down you down. Dash cam will do wonders.

I'm a little happy with the updates although our local tabloids were quick to plaster headlines of cyclists having "more rights" than motorists. Honestly a lot of us ARE motorists, but many drivers simply do not understand that they ought to keep distance from a 2 wheeler.
You make a good point, 'Fika', but how much space? One of the things that prompted me to start this thread was having seen a cyclist, who sadly died, struck by a trailer drawn by an overtaking tractor. It was a sobering experience and I make a point of giving riders as much room as I possibly can. I sense that in waiting for an opportunity to pass safely, I may also annoy following drivers. On the other hand, only the other day, I was following two cyclists who, when it was safe to do so, clearly indicated to me that they were ready to be overtaken (a sign, incidentally, that has long since disappeared from any copy of the Highway Code). It can be a difficult call, especially when other road users may view the situation differently to you.

Regards, John.