View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 14:55   #89
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Bear in mind most vans will also be BEVs by the time you come to rent them Alan, maybe not as viable as it sounds. I first thought the same as john and was going to suggest the same - great minds and all that - but then it occurred to me most new vans or 4x4s for rental would be BEVs so you'd be restricted on towing again.

As for adding a towbar to the RB, how heavy is the trailer and the load you'd be placing on it? I believe (but would need to confirm) the maximum towing weight is ~1000kg as the RB sits, adding an auxiliary ATF cooler should increase this to ~1500kg and given many 240s (in both saloon and estate form) would have had towbars either from new or bought secondhand because they were regarded as good tow cars in their day, it could be viewed as a "period accessory". Can't remember if you have a Bulb Failure Warning unit on the RB but wiring the towbar would be a mission if so! You'd need to run the 7-core all the way to the dash and pick up the feeds to the BFU, not the feeds from it to the bulbs.
Seem to remember , wiring for seven pin sockets just a plug in affair to existing wiring.
My wife will tell you, I could be wrong!🤔
Moomoo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post: