Thread: B230E Engine
View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 22:34   #1
Ben '71 1200

Default B230E Engine

Evening,

I'm about to embark on a derv swap in my 240 and it leaves the B230e somewhat redundant.

The story goes that my car was a stock 2.0gl, and that a few owners ago, a keen caravaner decided he wanted to make it a better towcar. It got Bilstein suspension, LPG, a Simmons (I think..) exhaust, and a rebuilt B230e from Caprice Engines with a lumpy cam for more power. That would have been (approximately) 50-60k ago. The owner after that had problems with with the head/cam, and the one after that was an automotive journalist called Bryn. The lumpy cam wore its lobes down within a very short time, and Bryn put a new (I think rebuilt/recon) head on it with a standard cam. That would have been around 2005/2006. After that the car has gone through 3 or 4 enthusiast owners and is now with me.

What I'm trying to get at, is that it's a cared for low mile engine, though I unfortunately don't have paperwork to back that up. I'm due to remove it in the next couple weeks and it's all in good order. It idles a bit high, but I assume that to be a vacuum leak/injector seals.

I'll need the alternator and PAS pump but everything else (all the K jet gubbins, exhaust manifold etc.) will be included.

I'm after £100. If it doesn't sell, I expect I'll strip off the ancillaries and sell them separately, then chuck the longblock on ebay at 99p...

This is how it looks at the moment.

I have a crane so can help load it into your car/van/trailer though it will be collection only as I am never about during pallet collecting courier times.

Please reply or message me..

Thanks

Ben
Ben '71 1200 is offline   Reply With Quote