View Single Post
Old Mar 24th, 2024, 20:39   #1
Radler

Default Error code P1671 (still after replacing VVT solenoid)

Hello.

Recently I bought a V70 2.4L from 1999. The check engine light was on and the buyer showed me a printed document from a workshop where they read the error code as "P1671 Fuel injector Voltage too low". It could also be "voltage too high", I do not have the document here right now but it probably doesn't matter.

However, when I look on the internet all the information I find refers to a VVT Solenoid problem, not a fuel injector one. I assume the scan tool they used just got it wrong. Today I replaced the VVt Solenoid (bought it on eBay, not original from Volvo) but the engine light came back.

I checked both the old and the new solenoids for continuity and both seem healthy. I measured their inner resistance and got some 4kOhm, which seems to correspond to a normal value according to info I could find online. I did not have the chance to test them connecting them directly to the battery as I could not find proper cables to do so.

Now I wonder two things:

- Could it be that I connected the two cables the wrong way? In my original plug there were no 1 and 2 numbers, only in the new plug that I bought from Volvo. I think I connected the green/orange cable to the 1 pin.

- Could this error be caused not by the VVT Solenoid but by the camshaft position sensor? I have found some forum threads on the internet that suggest it as another possible cause. I would say I can hear sometimes a clicking sound from the area where this sensor is placed, but I do not know if that could suggest a problem with it.

Tomorrow I will try to check the camshaft sensor if I find some time. Is the following info correct?

- 10 volts at pin 3 (ignition on).
- 12 volts at pin 2 (ignition on).
- 0 Ohm between pin 1 and ground.

Other than the engine light coming up, the car starts and runs very smooth although idle is unstable sometimes. It is mainly a problem because I need to pass the MOT and I can not do it as long as the engine light is on.